Geometric Tape Murals
Check out the art by Aakash Nihalani
- What about this art makes it fun?
- How does this work relate to geometry?
Work collaboratively to create an interactive mural using geometry and masking tape.
God expects us to work together. Here are two verses from the Bible that tells us about teamwork.
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor
As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.
When individuals work together, they can double their strength and get much more done as a team. A team has checks and balances, one person watches the other one's back. Team members help encourage each other and keep each other focused.
Masking tape; wall space
- Form into small groups of 3 or 4
- Brainstorm to design your murals and draw sketches of your ideas
- Develop answers to the following questions
How will you make it interactive?
What location will work best for your piece?
- Use masking tape to create your design on a wall.
- Capture an image of the finished work that shows the interactive element you included.
- Share your images with the class by emailing them to Mrs. McCullers at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will look at the images together.
- What images do you find successful and why do they work well?
*thank you AOE for this lesson plan
Here are a couple of examples: